Nov 15, 2017
Things change fast in today’s marketing and media landscape. Here are a few of the latest from Facebook + Instagram.
1) Facebook’s Dynamic Ads now available to the masses via Power Editor.
What: Dynamic Ads in Facebook finds the best ad creative combinations that best drive the desired performance and then automatically delivers the best combinations of your creative assets. Facebook takes components of the ad (up to 30 images, videos, titles, descriptions, CTAs, etc.) and runs different combinations of the assets across the targeted audiences.
Why: This makes testing within the platform (including Instagram) even faster and now more agile, so you get learnings more quickly and can drive performance improvements in real time.
Why You Should Care: Marketers will see improved outcomes, and enjoy a streamlined setup and campaign management interface. Simply put, it’s a game changer.
Learn more via Facebook's Advertiser Help Center
2) Facebook Expands Custom Audience Testing
What: Facebook now allows you to retarget your audience based on how they’ve interacted with your brand on the platform including:
- Dwell Time – Based on those who have dwelled on your advertisement.
- Link Share – Based on those who have shared your company’s link.
- Other – Based on other actions including: Video (who has watched your video), Lead Form (Completed a lead form), Full Screen (Expanded the ad/canvas), FB Page (interacted with a FB Page), Insta Business profile (interaction) and/or Event (responded to an event).
Why: The more time a person spends interacting with a brand, the more likely they are to further engage and consume a brand’s message. And for FB and their advertisers, leveraging the significant amount of data available allows everyone to monetize in new ways.
Why You Should Care?: Marketers get to dig deep into audience insights and further engage with hand raisers. Different test and learn strategies should be leveraged and explored.
Watch For: More segments to be added as a subtle shift to connect Facebook data/actions to actual business outcomes. Read more from Social Media Today (Shout out for Matt Navarra @TheNextWeb for discovering it.)
3) Instagram’s ad CTA’s are getting a redesign.
What: CTA buttons in your Instagram feed will now blend into the image’s main color palette, looking way more integrated and way less like an advertisement.
Why: Creating “thumbstopping” moments will ensure that users stop and engage with ads, thus bettering IG’s opportunity to serve you ads next time.
Why You Should Care: Get ready to reach more people with that awesome ad of yours.
Watch For: Facebook testing this as well sometime soon.
Read More from Social Media Today