Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources - Boston MA
We are Genuine.
Genuine is a digital-born agency that brings experience design to brand development. We help our clients successfully navigate the digital future by building agile brands that stay culturally relevant. Our collaborative “Invent Together” process harnesses a diversity of perspectives to create memorable experiences and campaigns that drive measurable results. Founded in 2004, Genuine is a member of Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG), and works with brands around the world, including Johnson & Johnson, Underwriters Laboratory, MassMutual, and Kronos. Genuine has approximately 100 employees across offices in Boston (our headquarters), New York, and Chicago.
Our Human Resources Business Partner.
We’re not looking for just any HR partner. Our HRBP is responsible for talent management, onboarding, cultural immersion and enhancement, general HR administration, and recruiting: a hybrid position at its finest. (S)he will be the HR ‘Go-To’ at Genuine, working with employees of all levels and collaborating with Genuine’s leaders to ensure a motivating and inspirational workplace. (S)he will also partner and cross-training with the larger parent company-based HR team, for functional support. The HRBP must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change constantly, and must have both a positive “will do” attitude and passion for “rolling-up her/his sleeves” when tackling a project.
HR Business Partner + Employee Advisor
Serve as a trusted advisor and sought after resource for staff, managers and senior leadership, providing the full range of HR services as needed
- With operation leadership, manage the office’s climate to inspire commitment, loyalty, pride, and spirit in the organization, making Genuine a great place to work
Manage the new-hire orientation program and conduct orientations, ensuring effective on-boarding of new employees (full-cycle responsibilities include offer to onboarding document collection to the conducting on onboarding sessions, etc.)
Answer general employee inquiries around PTO, benefits, policies, etc. and escalate as appropriate
- Independently develop approaches to address a variety of employee relations issues involving senior HR leadership in only the most complex/legal issues
- Identify and lead employee initiatives to meet HR goals or enhance workplace climate (diversity, work-life balance, implementation of a mentoring program, summer internship program, etc.)
- Conduct recruitment efforts for positions when necessary, including both active and future roles
Assume responsibility for one or more corporate initiatives that elevate HR practices beyond operations supported
Manage and participate in company events, such as the holiday party, monthly birthday celebrations, etc.
- Develop employees’ abilities and capabilities so they can grow and see a long term future with the company through mentoring, training and performance management
- Identify needs and market standard training course offerings for assigned operations
- Conduct or provide for any required HR training
- Lead development of new HR offerings
- Lead the performance review and compensation process ensuring fair and competitive pay practices that reflect individual contributions to the organization
- Coach managers and staff in completing the performance management process to ensure annual feedback is provided to staff
- Manage performance plans and development plans for staff
- Identify and drive programs that result in successful HR metrics: turnover, training & performance management annual results
6+ years increasing HR business partner experience; Digital / Tech industry exposure preferred
In-depth knowledge of HR practices and broad knowledge of business
Demonstrable expertise in, and ability to inform and develop, HR programs, policies and procedures
Understanding of HR best practices and current local regulations (MA, NY, IL)
Bachelor’s Degree; in related field, preferred
At least 2 years of full life-cycle recruitment experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Sound judgment and dynamic problem-solving skills
Employee-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
Ability to move quickly with the information at hand
Demonstrates strength in core company leadership competencies, including: business vision, accountability for results, client focus, developing others, team leadership, cross-organizational collaboration
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability