Director of New Business
Sales and Marketing - Boston MA
- Lead efforts to pursue and win new clients
- Close new business opportunities with targeted new accounts through the execution of a disciplined new business development protocol
- Lead efforts to research industry segments, company profiles and specific relevant company initiatives to assess needs and define a strategy for pursuing an account.
- Identify and follow up on trade journal leads to identify new opportunities for the company to pursue
- Identify and follow up on IPG opportunities that Genuine might be able to participate in.
- Coordinate with Marketing for any other targets to be pursued by Genuine leadership
- Planning and Pitching
- Develop internal new business processand identify tools needed to support efforts
- Develop new business acquisition plan, including specific campaigns, and marketing efforts
- Identify target clients segmenting market as appropriate
- Develop and manage search consultant relationships
- Develop pursuit plans for each target, ensuring research results in intelligent contact with client prospects
- Activate aggressive follow up to ensure a robust frequency of client interaction
- Ensure appropriate team is harnessed to support pursuit and build relationship
- Ensure hand-off plan is in place for each client opportunity as needed
- Success Metrics
- Generate Revenue and increase win rate
- Qualified meetings obtained
- Timeliness and quality of pursuit plans and client communication
- Demonstrated ability to work across and build strong partner-oriented relationships within Genuine and other IPG agencies and partners
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of solution selling experience
- Strong solution selling and relationship building skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in core sales competencies: accountability for results, client focus, developing others, team effectiveness, sales drive, organizational sophistication and influencing others
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability