Development - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room:” a designer, a strategist, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from. We believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands.Apply Now
The VP, Technology will provide technical leadership with occasional individual contributions to all client projects and teams and would serve as an advisor to the agency on all technical fronts. They will provide leadership for one or more highly specialized teams and will play a key role in the creation of standards, technical architecture, detailed technical design and development of software modules and components based on long term strategy. The VP, Technology is responsible for optimizing and standardizing development practices and processes to create efficiencies and best practices for the agency. This role is a member of the leadership team and will manage mid to large sized team(s) and is responsible for all aspects of the employee experience including; hiring and onboarding, training and development, and workflow and performance management. The ideal candidate is a leader, technical subject matter expert, passionate about designing and ensuring delivery of sophisticated technical solutions with our clients. They are motivated with a “get it done” attitude and have a passion to solve complex business and technology problems. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment and have a passion for coaching, motivating and guiding individuals and teams to their optimum performance.
- Manages client relationship related to technical details to define requirements, deliverables, and set expectations; provides clients with technical expertise during new business, planning, and development phases
- Plays a vital role in new business development, including product pitching and scoping
- Provides strategic guidance on application solutions, architecture, integration strategies, governance, quality assurance and business support processes
- Provides guidance and oversees technical project plans, defines scopes of work and schedules, creates estimates, manages vendors, and sets priorities including resources and budget
- Oversees multiple projects and works alongside team to identify and resolve issues before they become problems and implement solutions on-time and on-budget
- Implements best practices, processes, and mitigates security issues as necessary
- Makes decisions about platform and technology adoption, including database servers, application servers, libraries, and frameworks
- Provides advanced technical expertise and user support and demonstrates subject matter expertise in multiple areas of focus (ecommerce, multisite, devops, accessibility, data privacy and regulation, etc.)
- Provides guidance and training for application development and support teams on newly implemented coding techniques, reporting frameworks and other application frameworks including promoting code reuse
- Performs technical due diligence on third-party products prior to integration.
- Communicates with internal teams and provides updates and status reports on technical timelines, requirements, etc.
- Runs internal status meetings and daily stand-ups, external client meetings and represents the agency in client interactions
- Heads workforce planning for their team and ensures proper resourcing and staffing
- Manages a team primarily made of managerial staff including; hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the development of a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative work environment that promotes creativity and innovation
- Provides strategic direction to others and significantly includes senior staff to accomplish mid to long term goals.
- Represents Genuine in their area of expertise in settings such as blogs, speaking engagements, partner activities, etc.
- May be required to visit clients on site.
Qualifications & Skills
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 12 years of experience within a programming/development environment required
- Minimum of 10 years of digital project oversight required
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required
- Experience leading and managing a team including, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives required
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to members of cross-functional teams, clients, and stakeholders and build strong partnerships with internal and external teams
- Ability to identify roadblocks, raise these risks, and provide direction towards technical resolution
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to scope and plan complex projects and adhere to project budgets and estimates
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor as well as a manager in a team environment
- Must be able to periodically work outside normal business hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends) to support critical systems
- Agency experience is helpful
- Previous experience with DXP/CMS platforms such as Drupal, Sitecore, Adobe Experience Manager, etc. is preferred
Demonstrate the core values of company:
- Transparency is the best policy. We tell the truth. We work very closely with our clients, vendors and partners, and that demands trust. We respect each other and our clients. That starts with telling it like it is.
- We take on the tough challenges. Digital is unpredictable, and it’s not for the passive. We embrace change. Every client brief is an opportunity for us to learn, to solve real problems, and to become better at what we do.
- There’s no point to a team if each player isn’t bringing their own best game. We are passionate. There’s no one type here; we are enthusiastic individuals who come from many walks of life and love to share our diversity to help out work rise above.
- None of us are as good as all of us. We invent together. We seek different perspectives when approaching every challenge. Keeping an open mind for our clients and listening to each other’s ideas takes our work to the next level.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now