Strategy - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from. We believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands.Apply Now
The VP, Strategy serves as the strategic sponsor for client engagements, providing concrete direction on business solutions that touch upon content direction and digital channel distribution, data driven UX/IA direction and inform technical recommendations and approaches for CMS, CRM and system integrations. In addition to providing clear and actionable consulting to clients, a portion of their focus will be team and agency process improvements alongside supporting agency growth by surfacing opportunities and value to existing clients and supporting pitch teams for net new client acquisitions.
This role is a member of the leadership team and will manage a mid-sized team(s) which is comprised of analytics, brand marketing and technical strategy. The VP, Strategy is responsible for all aspects of the employee experience including; hiring and onboarding, training and development, and workflow and performance management. The ideal candidate is a proven leader who is comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. They have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical obstacles. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment and have a passion for coaching, motivating and managing individuals and teams to their optimum performance.
- Provide consulting and insights to clients on how marketing technologies can support audience understanding and conversion increases and maintain a knowledge of common platforms and approaches that include pros and cons of certain directions
- Develop and execute workshops and improve on or create deliverables that demonstrate value and solve for core client needs
- Own senior level client relationships and act as client or project expert for consulting points of view and an outlet for client escalation
- Serve as end-to-end strategy expert for internal and client teams. Guide strategic phases and serve as a subject matter expert to inform and guide the project through UX/IA, design, development and post launch continuous improvement
- Direct early requirement definition efforts and approach for building multi-tiered and heavily integrated digital solutions
- Conduct stakeholder and end user interviews to collect necessary inputs to solve for user and client business needs
- Ability to conduct client workshops that focus on business goal definition, persona and audience content needs, personalization and segmentation and general topic ideation and alignment
- Contribute to business requirement and functional documentation
- Participate in agency new business pitches
- Identify 3rd party system integration points and work with developer and technical resource to define approaches and proofs of concept (CRM, PIM, DAM, Analytics platforms)
- Ability to estimate and execute on work that is defined within project scopes
- Identify and drive resolution on project risks in all phases of work
- Suggest and contribute to department initiatives
- Stay current with the evolution of our core technologies
- Leads workforce planning for their team and ensures proper resourcing and staffing
- Manages a team of staff including; hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the development of a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative work environment that promotes creativity and innovation
- May be required to visit clients on site.
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 12 years of work experience in a relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required
- Experience leading and managing a team including, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives required
- Prior agency experience (consulting or otherwise client-facing) is a plus
- Experience with implementing Content Management Systems (CMS), ideally Sitecore, Drupal or Adobe (AEM). Experience in Contentful and Veeva is a plus.
- Experience defining high level approaches to common integration points (CRMs, e-mail platforms, analytics, personalization and E-Commerce)
- Ability to create and facilitate client workshops to generate consensus, ideation and direction
- Capable of excelling in highly collaborative team environments which include subject matter experts in IA/UX, Design, account/business strategy and development
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Experience with content definition and persona, segment and conversion definition
- Able to drive consensus amongst clients and peers across functional areas
- Experience navigating multiple digital marketing functions (e.g. email, ecommerce, social/digital, etc.) to ensure that they can be flexible beyond a site build.
- Understand analytics concepts such as lead or interest scoring that support CRM and personalization programs
- Enthusiastic about the digital marketing and stays up to date on current trends
- Fluency in traditional SDLC model as well as Agile development methodologies
- Ability to understand and synthesize business processes and challenges into actionable solutions
- Highly organized and process-oriented
- Excellent team building and leadership skills with ability to develop, manage, leverage, and mentor Strategy team members
Demonstrate the core values of company:
- Transparency. Transparency is the best policy. We tell the truth. We work very closely with our clients, vendors and partners, and that demands trust. We respect each other and our clients. That starts with telling it like it is.
- Courage. We take on the tough challenges. Digital is unpredictable, and it’s not for the passive. We embrace change. Every client brief is an opportunity for us to learn, to solve real problems, and to become better at what we do.
- Passion. There’s no point to a team if each player isn’t bringing their own best game. We are passionate. There’s no one type here; we are enthusiastic individuals who come from many walks of life and love to share our diversity to help out work rise above.
- Collaboration. None of us are as good as all of us. We invent together. We seek different perspectives when approaching every challenge. Keeping an open mind for our clients and listening to each other’s ideas takes our work to the next level.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now