VP, Group Account Director
The VP, Group Account Director establishes deep partnerships with key client stakeholders and collaborative relationships with senior level clients, colleagues and agency leadership. Reporting to the SVP, Client Services the VP, Group Account Director is responsible for overseeing and managing revenue for their key clients and their teams portfolios. This role plays the executive sponsor role in new business opportunities and leads cross capability teams to sell and deliver ideas to meet client objectives. This position will manage a small team and is responsible for all aspects of the employee experience including; hiring and onboarding, training and development, and workflow and performance management.Apply Now
The ideal candidate is a client relationship connoisseur and is passionate about creating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. They are a driven individual with a “get it done” attitude and a passion to solve complex business problems. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment and have a passion for motivating and leading a team.
What You’ll Do
- Acts as key client liaison accountable for delivery and growing relationships. Develops well-informed strategic approaches to leading the business, listening for opportunities for cross-selling/up-selling to client.
- Oversees & manages a portfolio of client accounts totaling $7+ in revenue within 10% over/under of sold margin. Committed to delivering marked organic growth of entire portfolio.
- Works together with client team to ensure deliverables meet and exceed client expectations. Manages client and internal expectations without alienating either
- Plays a lead role in new business pitches and organic growth opportunities by identifying a strategic approach to solve client problems
- Leads cross capability teams to sell and deliver creative thinking and powerful ideas that meet client objectives (demonstrating deep understanding of client's business, industry and objectives).
- Holds team accountable for quality development of project and creative briefs for Account Team.
- Develops statements of work, pricing estimates, change orders (in collaboration with other capabilities) to inform the budget ranges and timing.
- Manages resources to meet financial targets and target margins in a way that demonstrates fiscal responsibilities.
- Holds team accountable amd provides oversight for scope creation and authoring, trains teams, and provides thought leadership.
- Drives overall strategic direction for key growth accounts. Establishes priorities for key projects.
- Manages a team including hiring and onboarding, training and development, resource planning across the team, performance management and career development.
- Contributes to and may lead workforce planning for department.
- Provides strategic direction to team including vision, goals, influence and guidance.
- Leads and supports the implementation of strategic priorities and initiatives to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and progressive change.
- Develops a network of industry relationships outside the agency.
- Provides thought leadership to internal and external teams.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 12 years of applicable account/client service management experience required.
- Experience partnering with health care related clients required.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience required.
- Experience leading a team required.
- Proven track record for successfully growing accounts and client relationship development.
- Proven track record for successfully growing accounts and client relationship development
- Excellent client management skills for setting and managing client expectations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience supporting the sales process: pitch meetings, estimate, proposal, and contract preparation
- Excellent team building and leadership skills with ability to develop, manage, leverage, and mentor Account Service team members
- Takes decisive action to move the business forward, especially in high-stakes situations or conditions of uncertainty.
- Experience navigating multiple digital marketing functions (i.e., email, eCommerce, social, etc.) to ensure scalability beyond the site build.
- Has experience and expertise with content management systems ideally Sitecore & Drupal.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
What We Offer
- The right candidate may be located anywhere in the US but must be willing to work east coast hours. We believe in the power of bringing people together so the right candidate must be willing to travel to the office as needed (at least two times a year) and as needed for clients, pitches, or internal meetings. If the right candidate is local, even better! We encourage staff to work in our Boston office 1-2 times per week
- All regular, full-time employees are eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with match, and a cell phone stipend
- We believe employees should take time when they need it, so we offer 12+ holidays per year, summer Fridays, paid family leave and discretionary time of
- All employees are automatically enrolled in a subscription to Headspace and can receive a monthly reimbursement of up to $75 to take care of their mind, body and spirit!
Genuine is a digitally focused agency where creatives, strategists, data analysts and technologists “invent together” to create meaningful experiences.
While we come from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role may require the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, in some instances proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required. In those instances, accommodations may be requested based on a valid medical exemption, sincerely held religious belief, or other exception required under applicable law.
In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $160,000– $195,000 annually, depending on relevant factors including experience, internal equity and market considerations. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now