Video Intern - Summer 2019
Video - Boston MA
Genuine, a Boston-based Digital Marketing Agency, is seeking a Video Intern to join our team for summer 2019. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the video team and working alongside Genuine's integrated creative team to deliver stellar video creative and support. You'll have an opportunity to assist with editing, shooting, animation and motion design, 3D and overall production tasks with our dedicated team and with our in-house video and photography studio.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Genuine video team on day-to-day aspects of Genuine video production, including editing, audio-visual support, studio maintenance and on-set production assistance.
- Generate innovative client solutions
- Be an Audience Advocate by understanding the clients’ business, staying tuned in to business issues and keeping abreast of cultural events and trends that affect your audiences
- Stay current on all industry trends and pop culture
- Work with the team to meet project deadlines, a self-starter will very successful in this role!
- Commit to working 40 hours/ week for 10 weeks (June – August) where you will work hard, learn, and have fun, day in, day out
What you'll gain from the program
- Our paid internship programs runs from June 3rd to August 9th
- Aside from the daily work in their designated department, interns are required to attend/participate in the following:
- Professional Training
- Group project (assigned the first week and presented during week 10)
- Lunch-and-Learn Sessions
- Unbillable Hour (Monthly All-Staff mtg)>
- Job-Shadowing Opportunities
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Video experience preferred; student or personal reel would be ideal
- Some experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, with a priority on After Effects and Photoshop – experience with Cinema 4D and Illustrator preferred but not required
- Demonstrate an interest in learning evolving digital aspects of video production
- A great attitude and flexibility for a fast paced environment
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business. This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
Who you are!
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student
- Preference for students with a concentration in media production, filmmaking, animation, or related subjects
- Previous agency experience is a plus
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat
- Cool under pressure, prepared for every possible situation that might pop up
- Live our core values, be honest, proactive, a team player, inclusive, and fun!
- Have passion, professionalism and commitment to the role, the agency and the work.
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability