Strategic Growth Manager
Client Services - Chicago, IL
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from. We believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands.Apply Now
As an integral part of the Growth team, the Strategic Growth Manager will support new business opportunities, both inbound and outbound across the agency’s three offices. The role will report to the SVP of Strategic Partnerships and will work closely with broader agency capabilities to generate and respond to qualified opportunities. The ideal candidate is passionate about growing a career in sales and is and is highly motivated for their own personal development and agency growth. They should also enjoy working in a face-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration across teams is common.
**This position is currently fully remote due to the pandemic. We would prefer applicants in the Boston, Chicago or New York area so there is flexibility to go into the office once we open but will consider all candidates based on skills and qualifications.
- Develop capabilities presentations, proposals, and other materials related to inbound and outbound sales
- Build out and maintain an internal library of new business materials (case studies, service summaries, etc.)
- Conduct background research to qualify target accounts – general service/product offering, competitive analysis, employee connections, annual sales, etc.
- Work with prospects to assess their requirements, goals and objectives.
- Reply to inbound inquiries, RFIs and RFPs working in close partnership with different teams to construct proposals, estimates and presentations
- Identify prospects and generate qualified new business leads via outbound communication, strategic agency partnerships and other methods
- Maintain lead pipeline and present prospective opportunities to the growth team in a consistent and organized manner
- Participate in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation
Qualifications & Skills
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of five years of experience working in an outside sales or business development role selling technology, advertising or marketing services
- Foundational understanding of digital marketing – service offerings, industry trends, common challenges for prospects, etc.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to embrace ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities is necessary
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to creatively tell a story
- Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor as well as an individual in a team environment
Demonstrate the core values of company:
- Transparency. Transparency is the best policy. We tell the truth. We work very closely with our clients, vendors and partners, and that demands trust. We respect each other and our clients. That starts with telling it like it is.
- Courage. We take on the tough challenges. Digital is unpredictable, and it’s not for the passive. We embrace change. Every client brief is an opportunity for us to learn, to solve real problems, and to become better at what we do.
- Passion. There’s no point to a team if each player isn’t bringing their own best game. We are passionate. There’s no one type here; we are enthusiastic individuals who come from many walks of life and love to share our diversity to help out work rise above.
- Collaboration. None of us are as good as all of us. We invent together. We seek different perspectives when approaching every challenge. Keeping an open mind for our clients and listening to each other’s ideas takes our work to the next level.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com.. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now