Sr Visual Designer - Art Director
Creative - Boston MA
Genuine is a Boston-based, full-service digital marketing agency that builds agile brands. We make brands easier to love by bringing design thinking to brand development. Through our collaborative “Invent Together” process, we help clients successfully navigate the digital future.
Our work is fast-paced and ever changing. You will work regularly with other designers, copywriters, developers, marketing strategists, user experience architects, producers, directors and account managers on multiple projects over time. The ability to bring fresh ideas on a consistent basis while keeping track of requirements, deadlines, and responsibilities across projects are key skills.
You are talented and driven, with a passion for making gorgeous, ground-breaking work and a commitment to fostering the talents of other creatives on your team. You’re ready for hands-on projects at every stage of the lifecycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the project team and developing original campaigns, to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch. We want you to create kick-ass work, yes, but we also want you to mentor junior designers and help shape their skills and design perspective—we want you to help show them how to keep pushing themselves forward.Genuine offers a seriously collaborative work environment, so you need to collaborate across disciplines on a daily basis, from copywriting to analytics to client services, all while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution. This is an opportunity to define and reinvent the digital space, and a passion for doing just that is critical.
- Strong conceptual thinking. We want people who can start a project off from an incredibly strong position and come up with surprising, cool concepts to move forward with.
- A strong background, with 5-7 years of visual design experience, at least some in an agency environment. You should consider Photoshop and Illustrator to be something like family.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills—the ability to work with creative leadership and mentor other designers as well as the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation. You know a product needs more than just a pretty face.
- A great attitude and a lack of ego. We work hard to maintain a prima-donna free work zone.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability