Senior Project Manager
Project Management - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from. We believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands.Apply Now
The Senior Project Manager who will work closely with team members across all capabilities and across a portfolio of clients and/or projects. The Senior Project Manager will be accountable for the successful day-to-day management of various mid-size to large digital projects. They will independently drive project schedules, communication and the execution of deliverables. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, collaborator and team player who cultivates positive working relationships with project teams, thrives on helping the team overcome obstacles and keeps everyone up to date with what’s happening. They have a proven track record of project management experience across all stages of a project lifecycle from concepting to final delivery. They aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the project done on time and on budget. They meet problems head-on and are always looking for solutions.
- Manage mid-size to large website builds which may have complex integrations and technical complexity
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for your clients as well as internal teams
- Manage client expectations around budgets and schedules
- Walk clients through a schedule and articulate the setup of tasks and deliverables
- Prepare and maintain highly detailed project plans with numerous phases and dependencies across all disciplines
- Partner with the account lead to create and maintain a successful client relationship and ensure the project workflow, documentation, and agency standards for projects are being upheld
- Deliver weekly burn reports, monitor resource allocations for projects and client needs, draft statements of work and pricing estimates
- Communicate Genuine’s basic strategy offerings to clients and recognize how that can aid the clients’ business needs
- Use project management tools including; Smartsheets, Basecamp, JIRA, and Mavenlink to track projects and progress
- Experience working with various CMS platforms (Sitecore, Drupal, etc.)
- Set expectations and manage schedules effectively yet with a flexible manner that shows solution focused thinking, not just problem identification.
- Use basic knowledge of SCRUM in order to be able to run daily standup meetings.
- Participate in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
- Will be required to visit clients onsite as directed by account team and manager.
- May mentor and coach junior team members and/or interns.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-8 years of project management experience required
- Agency experience is preferred
- Experience with web design and development lifecycles.
- Experience working within various CMS platforms (Drupal, Sitecore, EpiServer, etc...) is preferred though the ability to program is not necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams from requirements gathering through the completion of project deliverables.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to embrace ambiguity and adapt to constant change is necessary.
- Experience managing clients and comfortable being client-facing. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong, working knowledge of Smartsheet/MS Project, MS Office Suite & Google Docs.
- Experience using project management tools like Basecamp, JIRA, Mavenlink is required.
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor as well as an individual in a team environment
- Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done.
- Committed to learning as well as making others successful.
- SCRUM or PMP certification is an added bonus.
- Transparency is the best policy. We tell the truth. We work very closely with our clients, vendors and partners, and that demands trust. We respect each other and our clients. That starts with telling it like it is.
- We take on the tough challenges. Digital is unpredictable, and it’s not for the passive. We embrace change. Every client brief is an opportunity for us to learn, to solve real problems, and to become better at what we do.
- There’s no point to a team if each player isn’t bringing their own best game. We are passionate. There’s no one type here; we are enthusiastic individuals who come from many walks of life and love to share our diversity to help out work rise above.
- None of us are as good as all of us. We invent together. We seek different perspectives when approaching every challenge. Keeping an open mind for our clients and listening to each other’s ideas takes our work to the next level.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now