Senior Practice Director
Development - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.Apply Now
Genuine is looking for a Senior Practice Director to build, grow, and lead from the ground-up its newest technology practice. From digital experience platform builds to mobile gaming, this practice will cover a wide array of technology platforms and devices.
The Senior Practice Director will be required to understand both company and client business challenges, be up to date on today’s current technology landscape across a variety of platforms and solutions, and set direction for the team on completing complex, fast-paced client engagements. The Senior Director will assist and advise leadership in setting the vision and direction for this new innovative practice.
The Senior Practice director will be responsible for team structure, resourcing, performance management, hiring/onboarding, and training and development. They will lead fully integrated teams across multiple cross-functional areas, third-party vendors, as well as across multiple agencies within the corporate group.
Additionally, the Senior Practice Director will oversee the technology group’s quality assurance team and will be responsible for managing and growing that team to meet the company’s need
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with account teams to properly scope, estimate, resource, and budget client projects, services, and solution offerings. This includes participation in pitches, business development activities, and public speaking engagements.
- Develop strong relationships between cross-functional groups at Genuine, and forge new partnerships across the global network of agencies including Genuine’s parent company Jack Morton Worldwide.
- Become the primary technology strategist for the practice, defining approach and strategy for clients, partners, and consult on key technology decisions for both internal and external teams.
- Stay abreast of new developments in digital transformation initiatives and be familiar with a variety of digital experience platforms, mobile app development, mobile gaming, and general digital marketing platforms.
- Oversee all workforce planning activities for the practice, including team planning, organizational structure, and identifying capability gaps to support practice staffing needs.
- Mentor, coach, and manage practice team members and other practice directors to build a diverse, inclusive, highly performing team in delivering expert, innovative solutions to our customers.
- Lead, manage, and grow the quality assurance team within the technology group, and ensure staffing needs are met across client projects.
- Work with technology leadership to execute its vision across the practice and manage internal initiatives as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 10 years in digital platform consulting as a developer, architect, or technical consultant.
- Broad exposure to multiple modern day digital experience platforms such as Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore, Optimizely, or Drupal and other mid-market enterprise content management platforms required.
- A strong understanding of the Digital Transformation landscape, emerging technologies / platforms, as well as mobile app development, mobile game development, and experiential technologies a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience leading and managing a team of people through successful multi-month technical delivery processes.
- Experience with department level financials, such as P&L management and Services KPI’s / Utilization
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to members of cross-functional teams, clients, and stakeholders and build strong partnerships with internal and external teams
- Ability to identify roadblocks, raise these risks, and provide leadership towards technical resolution
- Must have strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to scope and plan complex projects and adhere to project budgets and estimates
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor as well as a leader in a team environment
- Must be able to periodically work outside normal business hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends) to support critical systems
- Experience with AI & ML is a plus
- Agency experience is a plus
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now