Senior Developer (.Net)
Development - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.Apply Now
What is the Role?
The Senior Developer will build engaging digital experiences for a wide range of clients. They will test, modify, and implement application code, make standard modifications to existing software applications as well as new applications in accordance with detailed specifications. The Senior Developer will successfully balance multiple initiatives simultaneously and work to ensure timely deliverables with high quality. They will proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements as well as implement best practices and approaches. The ideal candidate is seasoned developer and work collaboratively with a development team. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers and across teams is common.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepares, prototypes and project tasks, creating estimates and setting priorities including resources and budget
- Develops workflows, processes, modules and themes for assigned projects
- Establishes best practices and mitigates security issues as necessary
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and may work with tech lead/architect on more complex projects
- Develops and maintains web sites and web applications for larger and more complex projects
- Writes, tests and debugs code and leads other developers in writing maintainable, scalable and security focused code.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact on assigned projects and communicates project tasks status as needed to internal teams and external client groups
- Performs code reviews and reviews code of junior developers and provides feedback
- Communicates with internal teams and provides updates and status reports on technical timelines, requirements, etc.
- Participates in internal status meetings, external client meetings and daily stand-ups, may lead meetings as necessary
- Participate in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation
- Mentor and coach junior team members and/or interns. May supervise junior level staff, including providing feedback on work and performance
What You’ll Need
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- 5-8 years of development experience required
- Experience working with .Net frameworks is required. Sitecore experience is required. Sitecore certification is a plus
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA is required
- Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to embrace ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities is necessary
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor as well as a leader in a team environment
- Must be able to periodically work outside normal business hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends) to support critical systems
What We Offer
- As a regular full time, employee you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with match, and a cell phone stipend.
- Discretionary time off, we believe employees should take time when they need it, offer 12+ holidays per year, summer Fridays, and paid family leave.
- Wellness is important. All employees are automatically enrolled in a subscription to Headspace and can receive a monthly reimbursement of up to $75 to take care of their mind, body, and spirit!
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now