Strategy - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from. We believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands.Apply Now
The Lead Strategist serves as the strategic lead for client engagements, providing concrete direction on business solutions that touch upon content direction and digital channel distribution, data focused UX/IA direction and inform technical recommendations and approaches for CMS, CRM and system integrations. The ideal candidate is passionate about designing and ensuring delivery of sophisticated technical solutions with our clients. They are motivated with a "get it done" attitude and have a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple disparate projects. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment and have experience working with cross-functional teams through influence.
- Serve as the end-to-end strategy expert for internal and client teams for small to medium projects and support team on larger projects
- Guide strategic phases and serve as a subject matter expert to inform and guide the project through UX/IA design, development and post launch continuous improvement
- Manage early requirement definition efforts and approach for building multi-tiered and heavily integrated digital solutions with collaboration and support of the team
- Conduct stakeholder and end user interviews to collect necessary inputs to solve for user and client business needs
- Assist with conducting client workshops that focus on business goal definition, persona and audience content needs, personalization and segmentation and general topic ideation and alignment
- Contribute to business requirement and functional documentation
- Participate in agency new business pitches as needed
- Identify 3rd party system integration points and collaborate with developer and technical resource to define approaches and proofs of concept (familiarity with CRM, PIM, DAM, Analytics platforms)
- Identify and drive resolution on project risks in all phases of work
- Contribute to department initiatives
- Stay current with the evolution of our core technologies
- 5 - 8 years of strategy experience required
- Agency or consulting experience preferred
- Familiar with Content Management Systems (CMS) implementation, ideally Sitecore, Drupal or Adobe (AEM)
- Experience defining high level approaches to common integration points (CRMs, e-mail platforms, analytics, personalization and E-Commerce)
- Capable of excelling in highly collaborative team environments which include subject matter experts in IA/UX, Design, account/business strategy and development
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Experience with content definition and persona, segment and conversion definition
- Demonstrated ability to drive consensus amongst clients and peers across functional areas
- Experience navigating multiple digital marketing functions (e.g. email, E-Commerce, social/digital, etc.) to ensure that they can be flexible beyond a site build.
- Enthusiastic about the digital marketing and stays up to date on current trends
- Ability to understand and synthesize business processes and challenges into actionable solutions
- Highly organized and process-oriented
Demonstrate the core values of company:
- Transparency. Transparency is the best policy. We tell the truth. We work very closely with our clients, vendors and partners, and that demands trust. We respect each other and our clients. That starts with telling it like it is.
- Courage. We take on the tough challenges. Digital is unpredictable, and it’s not for the passive. We embrace change. Every client brief is an opportunity for us to learn, to solve real problems, and to become better at what we do.
- Passion. There’s no point to a team if each player isn’t bringing their own best game. We are passionate. There’s no one type here; we are enthusiastic individuals who come from many walks of life and love to share our diversity to help out work rise above.
- Collaboration. None of us are as good as all of us. We invent together. We seek different perspectives when approaching every challenge. Keeping an open mind for our clients and listening to each other’s ideas takes our work to the next level.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now