Freelance Senior Front End Developer
Development - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from. We believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.Apply Now
The Freelance Senior Developer will build engaging digital experiences for a wide range of clients. They will test, modify, and implement application code, make standard modifications to existing software applications as well as new applications in accordance with detailed specifications. The Senior Developer will successfully balance multiple initiatives simultaneously and work to ensure timely deliverables with high quality.
They will proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements as well as implement best practices and approaches. The ideal candidate is seasoned developer and work collaboratively with a development team. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers and across teams is common.
**Genuine is looking for individuals interested in freelance opportunities. With the nature of our business, we need to be ready at a moments notice to support the needs of our clients and sometimes, that requires us to look outside of the agency. We are looking to create relationships with trusted individuals that could be called upon when our team needs the support. We have small and large project needs and would love partner with you today or in near future! The right candidate can work from anywhere but we do require them to work east coast hours.
- Prepares, prototypes and project tasks, creating estimates and setting priorities including resources and budget
- Develops workflows, processes, modules and themes for assigned projects
- Establishes best practices and mitigates security issues as necessary
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and may work with tech lead/architect on more complex projects
- Develops and maintains web sites and web applications for larger and more complex projects
- Writes, tests and debugs code and leads other developers in writing maintainable, scalable and security focused code.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact on assigned projects and communicates project tasks status as needed to internal teams and external client groups
- Performs code reviews and reviews code of junior developers and provides feedback
- Communicates with internal teams and provides updates and status reports on technical timelines, requirements, etc.
- Participates in internal status meetings, external client meetings and daily stand-ups, may lead meetings as necessary
- Participate in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation
- Mentor and coach junior team members and/or interns. May supervise junior level staff, including providing feedback on work and performance
Qualifications & Skills
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- 5-8 years of development experience required
- Experience with Gulp, SCSS, Twig, and Webpack or similar is required. React experience is preferred.
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA is required
- Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to embrace ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities is necessary
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor as well as a leader in a team environment
- Must be able to periodically work outside normal business hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends) to support critical systems
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now