Freelance Junior Video Editor
Creative - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from. We believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands.Apply Now
The Freelance Junior Video Editor will provide support to the video team as part of our integrated creative department to deliver stellar video creative and support, both client work and internal agency marketing efforts. You'll have an opportunity to edit, shoot, animate and execute motion design, 3D and overall production tasks with our dedicated team, ultimately working in our in-house video and photography studio, or remote as necessary.
**Genuine is looking for individuals interested in freelance opportunities. With the nature of our business, we need to be ready at a moments notice to support the needs of our clients and sometimes, that requires us to look outside of the agency. We are looking to create relationships with trusted individuals that could be called upon when our team needs the support. We have small and large project needs and would love partner with you today or in near future!
What you will be doing
- Assist with any and all aspects of Genuine video production, including editing, animation, audio-visual support, studio maintenance and on-set production assistance
- Will need to take direction as part of an integrated creative team and support the head of the video team as needed.
- Will need to be a self-starter and have the ability to work within tight timelines.
- Should have a strong interest in learning digital aspects of video production as their skills evolve.
- Must have a great attitude and flexibility for a fast-paced environment
For this role you will need
- Some video experience (1-2 years) required; student or personal reel would be ideal
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred, with a priority on After Effects and Photoshop – experience with Cinema 4D and Illustrator welcome but not required
- Preference for candidates with an academic background in media production, filmmaking, animation, or related subjects
- When applying please provide a link to your portfolio, reel or other work examples.
Who we are
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, at the leadership level and throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now