Freelance Business Analyst
Strategy - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from. We believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.Apply Now
The Freelance Business Analyst (BA) collaborates across capabilities (strategy, UX, technology) to ensure business and functional requirements are gathered, analyzed and documented to guide recommended solutions for our clients. The BA conducts market analyses, identifies problems and opportunities, defines business goals, and informs the audience definition. They will provide the data and analysis to guide the strategic vision throughout the entire project lifecycle. In addition, the BA is the technology liaison - translating functional and technical specifications and interactive designs into user stories for development.
The candidate should possess excellent business acumen, communication and collaboration skills. The ideal candidate should also be solution oriented and be able to provide insight for possible technical solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
**Genuine is looking for individuals interested in freelance opportunities. With the nature of our business, we need to be ready at a moments notice to support the needs of our clients and sometimes, that requires us to look outside of the agency. We are looking to create relationships with trusted individuals that could be called upon when our team needs the support. We have small and large project needs and would love partner with you today or in near future! The right candidate can work from anywhere but we do require them to work east coast hours.
- Lead early requirement definition efforts for building multi-tiered and heavily integrated digital solutions
- Work directly with agency subject matter experts and clients to identify, gather and document business and functional requirements through research and discovery sessions
- Conduct stakeholder and end user interviews to collect necessary inputs to solve for user and client business needs
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems and opportunities for our clients
- Examine existing and new systems for improvement, report common issues, evaluate company performance, and recommend new system procedures
Planning & Implementation
- Work with creative & UX teams to translate designs into functional and technical specifications for developers
- Create implementation plans for Web Content Management Systems (WCMS) including Sitecore, Drupal, and Adobe AEM (prior experience with these systems is not required, but any experience with WCMS is a plus)
- Collaborate with developers to articulate solutions and provide assistance during implementation
- Plan and architect data models for organizing large volumes of information
- Work with developers to create integration plans for connecting the WCMS to a variety of other marketing systems (CRM, Email Marketing, E-Commerce, etc.)
- Translate requirements into epics and stories for agile projects
- Report and elevate project risk based on execution against known business requirements
- Participate in Agile sprint meetings, daily scrum, and planning
- Maintain communication regarding project status, risks, issues, and priorities with project sponsors, PMO, and leadership
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Supports and engages in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Web Solutions Architect, Web Product Owner, or Web Project Manager in a professional environment
- Agency experience preferred
- Must have a strong understanding website technology and business systems
- Ability to create and facilitate client workshops to generate consensus, ideation and direction
- Ability to understand and synthesize business processes and challenges into actionable solutions
- Strong understanding of the SDLC (software development lifecycle) and Agile project management methodologies
- Skilled at creating professional documentation and specifications using Jira/Confluence, MS Office Suite, or Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Web Content Management Systems and integrations (Sitecore, Drupal, AEM) is a plus
- Knowledge pertaining to web technologies (i.e. WCMS, APIs, Server Architectures) a plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to lead by proactively identifying risks and resulting actions to mitigate and resolve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comfortably interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, technical experts and subject matter experts
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now