Finance - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.Apply Now
The Finance Associate’s primary focus is to provide project and financial support to Genuine and the VP, Finance Director. This role will oversee the SAP accounting system, project finance, analysis, financial close, accounts payable, expense reports & job maintenance.
The ideal candidate thrives in a hands-off environment where you proactively problem solve and propose solutions. You have superb organizing and prioritizing skills, meeting deadlines, and staying on top of important details, as well as a strong working knowledge of Excel. The Finance Associate should enjoy collaborating in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
Project Set-Up, Maintenance, and Review
- Set up projects in SAP accounting system & update data throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Properly categorize billings and costs throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Monitor financial results of jobs in progress and at completion. Work with account teams to ensure financial accuracy
- Ensure that all documentation for revenue recognition is complete and accurately processed.
Project Finance & Analysis
- Enter and monitor submitted project budgets (budgets vs. actuals).
- Prepare and review job cost reports for projects with Account Team.
- Reconcile and explain job cost variance, with help of Producer, within two months of the conclusion of a project.
- Ensure all time and cost has been captured on projects and properly billed out.
Financial Close & Financial Responsibilities
- Play the leading role in the month end revenue & close process
- Provide accurate weekly reports including the utilization report and other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Create and maintain PO List to ensure invoice accuracy and timely payment processing
- Manage the accounts payable process to ensure timely payment to our vendors and accurate record keeping
- Train, approve and assist with all things expense report related
- Works to maintain that all timesheets are entered and accounted for.
- Demonstrate and exhibit the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively assists and engages in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation
What You’ll Need
- 0-2 years experience in a finance environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert in Excel
What We Offer
- As a regular full time employee, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with match, and a cell phone stipend.
- Discretionary time off, we believe employees should take time when they need it, offer 12+ holidays per year, summer Fridays, and paid family leave.
- Wellness is important. All employees are automatically enrolled in a subscription to Headspace and can receive a monthly reimbursement of up to $75 to take care of their mind, body and spirit!
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now