The UX Team at Genuine is looking for a self-motivated Experience Designer who understands the complexities of web solutions and can focus on the bigger picture while at the same time dive deep into the details. They know the importance of balancing our clients’ business needs with empathy for users and creating the blueprints to bring that vision to life.Apply Now
The ideal candidate possesses a proficiency in UX methodology and seeks opportunities to acquire new knowledge and expand their skills. They have a passion for organization, and love information architecture. They are curious, empathetic and always advocate for the end users. They are motivated with a "get it done" attitude and have a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple disparate projects from defining user needs and journeys, architecture and wireframes, to translating solutions through execution. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment and have experience working with cross-functional teams.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the UX discovery and definition for moderately sized web redesigns and provide maintenance improvements for larger sites.
- Follow a design thinking process including conducting primary and secondary customer research and translating these insights into actionable recommendations.
- Research initiatives include content & accessibility audits, heuristic evaluations, contextual interviews, card sorting, tree testing, and usability studies.
- Define and identify engagement opportunities by creating deliverables such as personas, journey maps, and process flows.
- Create information architecture and UX deliverables including sitemaps, responsive wireframes, clickable prototypes and functional annotations.
- Create components that translate content strategy, and maintain a component library within larger, more complex design systems.
- Prepare and participate in workshops and brainstorming sessions with clients and internal cross-functional teams.
- Help maintain client relationships, building trust through presenting UX deliverables, and educating clients on UX best practices and methodologies.
- Support new business efforts through pitch research and provide estimates for their contributions for the proposed solutions.
- Manage projects from concept to completion with minimal oversight.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 3 years of user experience designer experience is required.
- Research experience preferred, creating testing briefs and plans and executing moderated and unmoderated user research.
- Proficiency with Axure, Sketch, Figma or other prototyping tools.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work independently and as part of a team and in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic experience with content management systems ideally Sitecore & Drupal.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- General Assembly or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Previous agency experience is helpful.
What We Offer
- The right candidate may be located anywhere in the US but must be willing to work east coast hours. We believe in the power of bringing people together so the right candidate must be willing to travel to the office as needed (at least two times a year) and as needed for clients, pitches, or internal meetings. If the right candidate is local, even better! We encourage staff to work in our Boston office 1-2 times per week.
- All regular, full-time employees are eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with match, and a cell phone stipend.
- We believe employees should take time when they need it, so we offer 12+ holidays per year, summer Fridays, paid family leave and discretionary time off
- All employees are automatically enrolled in a subscription to Headspace and can receive a monthly reimbursement of up to $75 to take care of their mind, body and spirit!
Genuine is a digitally focused agency where creatives, strategists, data analysts and technologists “invent together” to create meaningful experiences.
While we come from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $81,000-$105,000 annually, depending on relevant factors including experience, internal equity and market considerations. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now