Experience Design Intern - Summer 2019
Creative - Boston MA
Genuine, a leading Boston-based Digital Marketing Agency, is seeking a talented Experience Design Intern to join our User Experience team. At Genuine, Experience Design is at the center of user needs and business requirements developing innovative digital solutions for a wide range of clients.
Genuine offers a comprehensive internship designed to engage candidates, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path in user experience design. Throughout this experience, interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. An ideal candidate would be a student or a recent graduate, a quick learner and a team player who wants to get their hands dirty and collaborate with the entire team.
- Broad exposure to all phases of the UX design process from user research and information architecture, to wireframing, prototyping, and reviewing implementation for quality
- Real world experience taking part in client project work
- Access to mentorship, networking opportunities, and learning sessions
- Ability to work on a variety of projects for various industries and technologies
- Casual and fun work environment
- Commit to working 40 hours/ week for 10 weeks (June – August) where you will work hard, learn, and have fun, day in, day out
What you'll gain from the program
- Our paid internship programs runs from June 3rd to August 9th
- Aside from the daily work in their designated department, interns are required to attend/participate in the following:
- Professional Training
- Group project (assigned the first week and presented during week 10)
- Lunch-and-Learn Sessions
- Unbillable Hour (Monthly All-Staff mtg)
- Job-Shadowing Opportunities
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Experience in Axure, Sketch, Invision or other wireframing/prototyping tools
- Background or knowledge in Usability testing and User Centered Design is a plus
- Examples of work via a portfolio is required for qualification
- Ability to think critically and document design rationale with references to quantitative data, qualitative user feedback and UX best practices.
Who you are!
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat
- Cool under pressure, prepared for every possible situation that might pop up
- Live our core values, be honest, proactive, a team player, inclusive, and fun!
- Have passion, professionalism and commitment to the role, the agency and the work.
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), is designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their 2019 Corporate Equality Index.