Experience Design Intern - Boston 2020
UX - Boston MA
Are you ready to spend the summer being part of a dynamic User Experience team, partnering with our clients on all things digital? At Genuine, Experience Design is at the center of user needs and business requirements developing innovative digital solutions for a wide range of clients. Throughout this experience, interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives.
What you'll do, what you'll gain
- Broad exposure to all phases of the UX design process from user research and information architecture, to wireframing, prototyping, and reviewing implementation for quality.
- Real world experience taking part in client project work.
- Access to mentorship, networking opportunities, and learning sessions.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects for various industries and technologies.
- Proactively bring new ideas to the table and participate in concept brainstorming.
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work within tight timelines, as well as have a great attitude and flexibility for a fast-paced environment.
- Clear eagerness to advance knowledge for web based and UX centered design.
- Maintain and support all company standards and perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Aside from the daily work in their designated department, interns are required to attend/participate in the following:
- Professional Training
- Group project (assigned the first week and presented during week 10)
- Lunch-and-Learn Sessions
- Unbillable Hour (Monthly All-Staff mtg)
- Job-Shadowing Opportunities
- College Degree or degree in progress. Great fits: Interactive Design, User Experience, Research or related subjects.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and a proactive mentality in any project you complete.
- Ability to think critically and document design rationale with references to quantitative data, qualitative user feedback and UX best practices.
- Some visual design experience preferred; online and physical portfolio is required in order to qualify.
- An active willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment, with a clear and present eagerness to grow and learn more about the business; this includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Experience in Axure, Sketch, Invision or other wireframing/prototyping tools.
- Background or knowledge in Usability testing and User Centered Design is a plus.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during Genuine’s regular business hours throughout the 10-week program.
- Any work schedule exceptions due to classes must be requested in writing by the intern and granted by Genuine, in their sole discretion, prior to the start of the Internship Program; interns working less than 35 hours a week will not be accepted into the program.
Who you are
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student.
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance.
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat.
- Cool under pressure, prepared for every possible situation that might pop up.
- Someone who demonstrates the core values of the company: Honest, Proactive, Team Player, Inclusive, Fun, and exhibits a passion, professionalism and commitment to the role, the agency and the work.
More about The Internship Program
- The Genuine Summer Internship is a full-time, paid opportunity that runs for 10 weeks from June–August (exact dates vary from year to year). You’ll be teamed with a mentor who will guide you from day one as you tackle actual client work, meet our Genuine/Jack Morton teams around the globe through our Summer Speaker series, and collaborate with your fellow interns on a collaborative group project that culminates in your presenting to our senior leadership.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), is designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their 2019 Corporate Equality Index.