Digital Strategy Intern - Boston 2020
Strategy - Boston MA
Are you ready to spend the summer being part of an insatiably curious, insight-driven strategy team, and partnering with our clients on all things digital? You’ll be working alongside Genuine's strategy team, to unearth insights and plan the direction for our clients. This internship will allow you to learn the ropes from a seasoned strategy team and get real hands-on experience while contributing to Genuine client initiatives.
What you’ll do, what you'll gain
- Assist the strategy team in conducting discovery exercises, such as research and client input sessions.
- Conduct competitive and heuristic audits to help establish an understanding of the landscape.
- Work with the senior team members to identify insights and formulate marketing strategies based on findings.
- Assist in creating presentations outlining our strategic findings & recommendations.
- Collaborate with and learn from subject matter experts in IA/UX, Design, client services and development, to help bring strategies to life in the digital environment.
- Learn about current marketing tactics and channels they are employed within.
- Aside from the daily work in their designated department, interns are required to attend/participate in the following:
- Professional Training
- Group project (assigned the first week and presented during week 10)
- Lunch-and-Learn Sessions
- Unbillable Hour (Monthly All-Staff mtg)
- Job-Shadowing Opportunities
- College Degree or degree in progress. Great fits: Marketing, Communications, Anthropology, Psychology, Journalism, Statistics/Analytics, or related subjects.
- Some marketing strategy experience or classwork preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and a proactive mentality in any project you complete.
- An active willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment, with a clear and present eagerness to grow and learn more about the business; this includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during Genuine’s regular business hours throughout the 10-week program.
- Any work schedule exceptions due to classes must be requested in writing by the intern and granted by Genuine, in their sole discretion, prior to the start of the Internship Program; interns working less than 35 hours a week will not be accepted into the program.
Who you are
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student.
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance.
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat.
- Someone who demonstrates the core values of the company: Honest, Proactive, Team Player, Inclusive, Fun, and exhibits a passion, professionalism and commitment to the role, the agency and the work.
More about The Internship Program
- The Genuine Summer Internship is a full-time, paid opportunity that runs for 10 weeks from June–August (exact dates vary from year to year). You’ll be teamed with a mentor who will guide you from day one as you tackle actual client work, meet our Genuine/Jack Morton teams around the globe through our Summer Speaker series, and collaborate with your fellow interns on a collaborative group project that culminates in your presenting to our senior leadership.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), is designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their 2019 Corporate Equality Index.