Development Intern - Boston 2020
Development - Boston, MA
At Genuine, digital is in our DNA. We are a full-service digital marketing agency, we create brand experiences that consumers react to, interact with and ultimately love. Whether it's a big rebrand, website overhaul, AR/VR interactive experience or digital campaign, our combination of developers, strategists and creative storytellers make break-out, award-winning work.Apply Now
Are you ready to spend the summer being part of a dynamic development team, partnering with our clients on all things digital? You’ll be supporting our technical architects and developers, and will work alongside Genuine's user experience and design teams to ensure effective digital implementations for our clients. You’ll be able to flex your programming muscles, while also getting an opportunity to sit in on brainstorming sessions and client meetings.
What you’ll do, what you'll gain:
- Utilize modern web-technologies, across the stack (back-end and front-end) to develop and build functionality for Genuine projects.
- Work with Technical architects and lead developers to convert client business needs into technical solutions.
- Work with UX and Design teams to breakdown designs into functional, re-usable components.
- Learn and work within popular Content Management Systems, to configure usable admin experiences for internal and external content teams.
- Participate in code reviews to make sure work conforms to industry standards, best-practices and meets requirements.
- Help build and refine development tools and DevOps processes to improve workflow.
- Maintain and support all company standards and perform other duties and projects as assigned. Aside from the daily work in their designated department, interns are required to attend/participate in the following: Professional Training, Group project (assigned the first week and presented during week 10), Lunch-and-Learn Sessions, Unbillable Hour (Monthly All-Staff mtg) and Job-Shadowing Opportunities
- College Degree or degree in progress. Great fits: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Interactive Design or related subjects.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and a proactive mentality in any project you complete.
- Some programming experience preferred; web-based frameworks/languages ideal.
- An active willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment, with a clear and present eagerness to grow and learn more about the business; this includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Some experience with development workflows using GIT preferred.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during Genuine’s regular business hours throughout the 10-week program.
- Any work schedule exceptions due to classes must be requested in writing by the intern and granted by Genuine, in their sole discretion, prior to the start of the Internship Program; interns working less than 35 hours a week will not be accepted into the program.
Who you are:
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student.
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance.
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat.
- Someone who demonstrates the core values of the company: Honest, Proactive, Team Player, Inclusive, Fun, and exhibits a passion, professionalism and commitment to the role, the agency and the work.
More about the Internship Program:
- The Genuine Summer Internship is a full-time, paid opportunity that runs for 10 weeks from June–August (exact dates vary from year to year). You’ll be teamed with a mentor who will guide you from day one as you tackle actual client work, meet our Genuine/Jack Morton teams around the globe through our Summer Speaker series, and collaborate with your fellow interns on a collaborative group project that culminates in your presenting to our senior leadership.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), is designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their 2019 Corporate Equality Index.Apply Now