Design Intern - Summer 2019
Creative - Boston MA
Genuine, a Boston-based Digital Marketing Agency, is seeking a Design Intern to join our team for Summer 2019. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the art directors and designers and working alongside Genuine's user experience and development teams to ensure effective digital design. Designs must adhere to interactive best practices for usability and user centered flow. Will be responsible for executing designs based around established style guides and project parameters. Should be proactive in advancing knowledge for web based and UX centered design.
What you’ll do
- Detailed design work for any and all Genuine deliverables, including page templates, interactive kiosks, HTML emails, Facebook campaigns, and banners.
- Proactively bring new ideas to the table and participate in concept brainstorming.
- Must also be able to execute designs based on already established campaigns and branding platforms
- Will need to be a self-starter and have the ability to work within tight timelines
- Must pay close attention to details relevant to user experience, and strive to achieve effective user-centered design
- Must have a great attitude and flexibility for a fast paced environment
- Commit to working 40 hours/ week for 10 weeks (June – August) where you will work hard, learn, and have fun, day in, day out
What you'll gain from the program
- Our paid internship programs runs from June 3rd to August 9th
- Aside from the daily work in their designated department, interns are required to attend/participate in the following:
- Professional Training
- Group project (assigned the first week and presented during week 10)
- Lunch-and-Learn Sessions
- Unbillable Hour (Monthly All-Staff mtg)
- Job-Shadowing Opportunities
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Some visual design experience preferred; online or physical portfolio ideal
- Some experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, with a priority on Photoshop
- Preference for students with a concentration in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or related subjects.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business. This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
Who you are!
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat
- Cool under pressure, prepared for every possible situation that might pop up
- Live our core values, be honest, proactive, a team player, inclusive, and fun!
- Have passion, professionalism and commitment to the role, the agency and the work.
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), is designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their 2019 Corporate Equality Index.