Design Intern - Boston 2020
Creative - Boston MA
Are you ready to spend the summer being part of a dynamic creative team, partnering with our clients on all things digital? You’ll be supporting our art directors and designers, and will work alongside Genuine's user experience and development teams to ensure effective digital design for our clients. You’ll be able to flex your digital design muscles, while also getting an opportunity to sit in on brainstorming sessions and client meetings.
What you’ll do, what you'll gain
- Detailed design work for any and all Genuine deliverables, including page templates, interactive kiosks, HTML emails, Facebook campaigns, and banners.
- Proactively bring new ideas to the table and participate in concept brainstorming.
- Ability to execute designs based on already established campaigns and branding platforms, adhering to interactive best practices for usability and user centered flow.
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work within tight timelines, as well as have a great attitude and flexibility for a fast-paced environment.
- Pay close attention to details relevant to user experience and strive to achieve effective user-centered design.
- Clear eagerness to advance knowledge for web based and UX centered design.
- Maintain and support all company standards and perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Aside from the daily work in their designated department, interns are required to attend/participate in the following:
- Professional Training
- Group project (assigned the first week and presented during week 10)
- Lunch-and-Learn Sessions
- Unbillable Hour (Monthly All-Staff mtg)
- Job-Shadowing Opportunities
- College Degree or degree in progress. Great fits: Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or related subjects.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and a proactive mentality in any project you complete.
- Some visual design experience preferred; online or physical portfolio ideal.
- An active willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment, with a clear and present eagerness to grow and learn more about the business; this includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Some experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, with a priority on Photoshop.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during Genuine’s regular business hours throughout the 10-week program.
- Any work schedule exceptions due to classes must be requested in writing by the intern and granted by Genuine, in their sole discretion, prior to the start of the Internship Program; interns working less than 35 hours a week will not be accepted into the program.
Who you are
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student.
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance.
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat.
- Someone who demonstrates the core values of the company: Honest, Proactive, Team Player, Inclusive, Fun, and exhibits a passion, professionalism and commitment to the role, the agency and the work.
More about The Internship Program
- The Genuine Summer Internship is a full-time, paid opportunity that runs for 10 weeks from June–August (exact dates vary from year to year). You’ll be teamed with a mentor who will guide you from day one as you tackle actual client work, meet our Genuine/Jack Morton teams around the globe through our Summer Speaker series, and collaborate with your fellow interns on a collaborative group project that culminates in your presenting to our senior leadership.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), is designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their 2019 Corporate Equality Index.