**This job is US Remote (Central or Eastern Time Zone preferred)**
The Design Director is a digitally focused creative leader who will - in partnership with our strategy, user experience and development teams - create and oversee the production of original design concepts for websites and beyond. The Design Director will bring an artful eye, digital acumen, and attention to detail to everything they do.
The ideal candidate is curious, highly motivated and a self-starter. This role serves as the primary, day-to-day digital design expert with clients, so they need to be a polished presenter, able to connect with audiences, have excellent people skills and the ability to think on their feet. This person thrives in a hands-off environment where they proactively problem solve and propose solutions. We want someone who can bring ideas to life, someone who loves presenting their own ideas and is willing to work with others to hone them to perfection.Apply Now
What You’ll Do
- Generates ideas, creates themes, and develops cohesive design plans that answers the brief.
- Sets the visual design strategy for all marketing and editorial projects, ensuring a consistent approach across projects.
- Leads their team to achieve best-in-class design/conceptual work with innovative ideas, ensuring it is on brand, flawless, innovative, and stunning.
- Leads the development of multi-platform creative that exceeds clients' needs and agency standards.
- Develops creative relationship with clients and provides subject matter expertise and recommends solutions that lead to cross-selling/up-selling opportunities to client.
- Presents to clients with a focus on creative deliverables, and acts as a trusted advisor to the client team and plays into the client’s decision-making process with the ability to add a fresh, unbiased, and creative perspective.
- Acts as creative lead in new business pitches by identifying a strategic approach to solve client problems, estimating creative efforts (in collaboration with othercapabilities) to inform the budget ranges and timing, and supporting the proposal with insights and expertise.
- Demonstrates ability to work within budgets and drive the overall project to completion.
- Collaborates with account and PM to review scopes of work and provides input on creative estimates and resource allocation.
- Leads the planning for and directing of photoshoots.
- Manages staff as needed, including, hiring and onboarding, training and development, resource planning across the team, performance management and career development.
- Participates in agency resource planning and discussions.
- Oversees freelance talent and vendor selection, as well as directing their work.
- Demonstrate and exhibit the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively assist and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 10 years of art direction and/or design experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience is required. Experience leading a team preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a must, Sketch experience preferred.
- Understanding of HTML and responsive web design required.
- Fluent in best practices for digital display on web and mobile platforms.
- Deep understanding of design systems and atomic design principles.
- Basic knowledge of content management systems.
- Excellent written communication skills, command of grammar and attention to detail.
- A confidence in concepting that goes beyond art and design to consider the whole creative product.
- A passion for and deep experience in digital.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and clients.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
What We Offer
- The right candidate may be located anywhere in the US but must be willing to work east coast hours. We believe in the power of bringing people together so the right candidate must be willing to travel to the office as needed (at least two times a year) and as needed for clients, pitches, or internal meetings. If the right candidate is local, even better! We encourage staff to work in our Boston office 1-2 times per week.
- All regular, full time employees are eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with match, and a cell phone stipend.
- We believe employees should take time when they need it, so we offer 12+ holidays per year, summer Fridays, paid family leave and discretionary time off
- All employees are automatically enrolled in a subscription to Headspace and can receive a monthly reimbursement of up to $75 to take care of their mind, body and spirit!
Genuine is a digitally focused agency where creatives, strategists, data analysts and technologists “invent together” to create meaningful experiences.
While we come from a diversity of backgrounds an experiences, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now