Business Development Manager
- New York NY
As an integral part of the Growth Team, the Business Development Manager will lead outbound prospecting efforts and support all inbound new business opportunities in the NYC and Mid-Atlantic region. The role will report to the VP of Business Development and will work closely with the leadership team in NYC in response to qualified opportunities.
- Spend approximately 90% of time prospecting and generating leads via outbound communication.
- Collaborate with regional agency leadership and VP of Business Development to build and implement a regional business development strategy and target accounts list.
- Conduct background research to qualify target accounts – general service/product offering, competitive analysis, employee connections, annual sales, etc.
- Work with prospects to understand their requirements, goals and objectives.
- Respond to inbound inquiries, RFIs and RFPs while supporting regional agency leadership and Growth Team to construct proposals, estimates and presentations.
- Maintain lead pipeline and present prospective opportunities to growth team in consistent and organized manner.
- 5-7 years working in an outside sales or business development role selling technology, advertising or marketing services
- Deep understanding of digital marketing – service offerings, industry trends, common challenges for prospects, etc.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication & cross-group collaboration skills
- Expert networker, well-connected in the NYC region with ability to hit the ground running
- Strong writing, listening and creative storytelling skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and perform in a fast paced environment
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to learn and absorb rapidly
- MS Office knowledge including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), is designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their 2019 Corporate Equality Index.