Business Development Manager
- Chicago IL
As an integral part of the Growth Team, the Business Development Manager will lead outbound prospecting efforts as well support all inbound new business opportunities in the Chicago/Midwest region. The role will report to the VP of Business Development and will work closely with the leadership team in Chicago in response to qualified opportunities.
- Spend approximately 90% of time prospecting and generating leads via outbound communication.
- Collaborate with regional agency leadership and VP of Business Development to build and implement a regional business development strategy and target accounts list.
- Conduct background research to qualify target accounts – general service/product offering, competitive analysis, employee connections, annual sales, etc.
- Work with prospects to understand their requirements, goals and objectives.
- Respond to inbound inquiries, RFIs and RFPs while supporting regional agency leadership and Growth Team to construct proposals, estimates and presentations.
- Maintain lead pipeline and present prospective opportunities to growth team in consistent and organized manner.
- 5-7 years working in an outside sales or business development role selling technology, advertising or marketing services
- Deep understanding of digital marketing – service offerings, industry trends, common challenges for prospects, etc.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication & cross-group collaboration skills
- Expert networker, well-connected in the Chicago region with ability to hit the ground running
- Strong writing, listening and creative storytelling skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and perform in a fast paced environment
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to learn and absorb rapidly
- MS Office knowledge including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability