Associate Director, Strategic Growth
New Business - Boston, MA
**This role is US remote, Central or Eastern Time Zone preferred**
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.Apply Now
As an integral part of the Growth team, the Strategic Growth Associate Director will support new business opportunities, both inbound and outbound across the agency’s three offices. The role will report to the SVP of Strategic Partnerships and will work closely with broader agency capabilities to generate and respond to qualified opportunities. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping to grow the agency and is and is a highly self-motivated individual. They should also enjoy working in a face-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment where collaboration across teams is common.
- In conjunction with SVP, Strategic Partnerships, work to define and implement an agency growth strategy
- Maintain relationships and liaise with agency network and technology partners
- Develop capabilities presentations, proposals, and other materials related to inbound and outbound sales
- Build out and maintain an internal library of new business materials (case studies, service summaries, etc.)
- Conduct background research to qualify target accounts – general service/product offering, competitive analysis, employee connections, annual sales, etc.
- Build strong relationships with prospects to assess their requirements, goals and objectives.
- Lead the response to inbound inquiries, RFIs and RFPs working in close partnership with different teams to construct proposals, estimates and presentations
- Proactively identify prospects and generate qualified new business leads via outbound communication, strategic agency partnerships and other methods
- Maintain lead pipeline and present prospective opportunities to the growth team in a consistent and organized manner
- Act as a subject matter expert on Genuine and our offerings
- Participate in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation
Qualifications & Skills
- 7 years of experience working in an outside sales or business development role selling technology, advertising or marketing services
- Must know how websites are built, especially from a technology / development standpoint (not just creating a landing page)
- Deep understanding of digital marketing – service offerings, industry trends, common challenges for prospects, etc.
- Familiarity with project lifecycle and key tenets of project delivery e.g. budgets, timelines, key resources, etc.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication and cross-group collaboration skills
- Willing networker who is eager to build relationships with the ability to hit the ground running
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to embrace ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities is necessary
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to creatively tell a story
- Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor as well as an individual in a team environment
Demonstrate the core values of company:
- Transparency is the best policy. We tell the truth. We work very closely with our clients, vendors and partners, and that demands trust. We respect each other and our clients. That starts with telling it like it is.
- We take on the tough challenges. Digital is unpredictable, and it’s not for the passive. We embrace change. Every client brief is an opportunity for us to learn, to solve real problems, and to become better at what we do.
- There’s no point to a team if each player isn’t bringing their own best game. We are passionate. There’s no one type here; we are enthusiastic individuals who come from many walks of life and love to share our diversity to help out work rise above.
- None of us are as good as all of us. We invent together. We seek different perspectives when approaching every challenge. Keeping an open mind for our clients and listening to each other’s ideas takes our work to the next level.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now