Client Services - Boston, MA
**Eastern Time Zone Preferred / US Remote**
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.Apply Now
What is the Role?
The Account Supervisor (AS) manages the daily activities of an account. Reporting to an Account Director, the AS is one of the account’s strategic and tactical leaders, working with clients to determine their needs while managing measured growth and balanced operations. The Account Supervisor manages client expectations and forges strong relationships with junior to mid-level clients. They will uncover client needs and business objectives, devise strategies and tactics, and implement solutions to achieve the client’s goals. They will be accountable for partnering with the Delivery team to ensure projects are profitable. The ideal candidate takes ownership of their accounts and helps manage the work of junior team members. They aren’t afraid to share ideas and meet problems head-on while looking for solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage small to large projects that are more in-depth site builds, complex integrations, and have technical complexity. These projects can range in $2-3M in revenue within 10% over/under of sold margin
- Manage client expectations around budgets and schedules in partnership with senior team members for larger projects (over $200K) and by themselves for smaller projects (under $200K)
- Support multi-channel programs including site development and digital marketing
- Uncover client business objectives and needs, devise strategies and tactics, and implement solutions to achieve client goals
- Develop statements of work, pricing estimates, and change orders
- Work with delivery partners on burn reports, resourcing, and to ensure all processes and procedures are complete, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable
- Participate in definition of deck outlines with other capabilities and work with the team to get final draft and make client-ready
- Communicate financial updates and discrepancies to clients
- Identify opportunities for additional agency revenue (upside) within their accounts based on client needs and work with their manager to proactively deliver solutions & proposals to clients
- Plan and manage the flow of client discovery meetings, kickoffs, and conference calls
- Effectively work with all capabilities and understand the role of each relative to different projects/workstreams
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Genuine’s capabilities and services and effectively communicate all offerings to the client
- Mentor and coach others. May supervise junior level staff; including; hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the development of a diverse, equitable, inclusive and innovative work environment that promotes creativity and innovation
What You’ll Need
- 5-8 years of industry experience required
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Advanced knowledge of strategy offering and strategic concepts including analytics, metrics and reporting
- Proven track record for successfully managing projects and internal teams through project completion
- Experience in creation and application of digital strategy, marketing communication planning, interactive design, creative development and execution, advertising, media planning, business analysis, and market research
- Excellent client management skills for setting and managing client expectations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team building skills with ability to manage, leverage, and mentor Account Executive team members
- Self-starting, strategic thinker who thrives on expanding business opportunities and client success
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of core digital channels and website build experience
What We Offer
- As a regular full time employee, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with match, and a cell phone stipend.
- Discretionary time off! We believe employees should take time when they need it, and also offer 12+ holidays per year, summer Fridays, and paid family leave.
- Wellness is important. All employees are automatically enrolled in a subscription to Headspace and can receive a monthly reimbursement of up to $75 to take care of their mind, body and spirit!
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now