Account Management Intern - Summer 2019
Account Management - New York NY
Are you ready to spend the summer at the intersection of technology and storytelling? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team partnering with clients on all things digital? We’re looking for someone who is up for a challenge and ready to spend the summer with us in New York as part of our Account Management Team. You will assist the Account Management team in all aspects of account work including but not limited to; day-to-day client support, special assignments, coordinating information with other departments, assisting in preparation for meetings and other client events, and helping activate key projects at the direction of the Account Management Lead. The Account Management Intern will work hand in hand with the account team based out of the NY office but may be asked to support Boston or Chicago teams as needed.
What you’ll do
- Assisting the Account Team in all aspects of account management including providing administrative and marketing support for day to day needs.
- Managing aspects of special short-term projects to be identified.
- Working with the Account Team to organize and manage information for the client in conjunction with representatives from other agency capabilities.
- Maintain and support all company standards and perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Commit to working 40 hours/ week for 10 weeks (June – August) where you will work hard, learn, and have fun, day in, day out
What you'll gain from the program
- Our paid internship programs runs from June 3rd to August 9th
- Aside from the daily work in their designated department, interns are required to attend/participate in the following:
- Professional Training
- Group project (assigned the first week and presented during week 10)
- Lunch-and-Learn Sessions
- Unbillable Hour (Monthly All-Staff mtg)
- Job-Shadowing Opportunities
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of standard applications and platforms such as Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint) and social media background (Facebook & Instagram)
- A great attitude and flexibility for a fast paced environment
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business. This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
Who you are!
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student
- Ideally candidate will be pursuing a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Project Management or similar discipline
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat
- Cool under pressure, prepared for every possible situation that might pop up
- Live our core values, be honest, proactive, a team player, inclusive, and fun!
- Have passion, professionalism and commitment to the role, the agency and the work.
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability