Client Services - Boston, MA
**Seeking candidates in Eastern Time Zone**
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from. We believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, at the leadership level and throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.Apply Now
What is the Role?
The Account Director manages the client at a relationship level and the expertise of the account team. Reporting to a Group Account Director or higher they will act as a strategic leader, partnering closely with internal and external teams to deliver and sell creative thinking and powerful ideas that meet client objectives. They will be accountable for partnering with the Delivery team to ensure projects are profitable. This position may manage junior to mid-level staff and is responsible for all aspects of the employee experience including; hiring and onboarding, training and development, and workflow and performance management. The ideal candidate is a client relationship connoisseur and is passionate about creating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. They are a driven individual with a “get it done” attitude and a passion to solve complex business problems. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment and have a passion for motivating and mentoring individuals.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage clients at the relationship level and project level if necessary. Secure strong relationships with client peers and become a trusted advisor for mid-level clients and is seen by senior-level clients as a go-to agency resource
- Manage and drive large site development projects, digital marketing solutions including multi-channel programs and digital campaigns
- Responsible for $2-3M in revenue within 10% over/under of sold margin and accountable for fiscal health of account(s) and overall revenue growth
- Develop, write, and present project proposals, statements of work, schedules, and staffing plans
- Communicate financial updates, discrepancies, scope creep, re-allocations and/or team changes to clients and agency leadership
- Act as a strategic leader when working with other partners and agencies to drive digital solutions and campaigns on behalf of clients
- Partner with clients to develop their goals and digital strategies, adding strategic value, and ensuring that they get the best results from the agency
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of all marketing channels, engagement levers – both digital and non-digital
- Demonstrate website build experience and larger platform knowledge
- Manage junior or mid-level staff, including; hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the development of a diverse, equitable, inclusive and innovative work evenironment that promotes creativity and innovation
- Partner closely with strategy and creative teams to deliver and sell creative thinking and powerful ideas that meet client objectives
- Help drive and shape effective creative briefs
- Enable and empower clients to become more sophisticated digital operators, marketers, and technologists
- Ensure work is client-ready by paying astute attention to detail and lead team to deliver flawless work on time and on budget
- Ensures clients feel senior level attention, live in-person, and 1:1 check in calls
- Oversee regular team meetings and manage communications between team members ensuring all deadlines are met
- Foster an inclusive environment of partnership with other capabilities (e.g. Strategy, Creative, and Development)
- Partner with the leadership team to set goals and plan for future fiscal year and work closely with Delivery Management and Client Finance on forecasting, billing, and reconciling budgets
- Escalates issues appropriately, professionally and with good judgement. Offers solutions to address issues.
What You’ll Need
- 8 years of industry experience is required
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience required
- Healthcare and/or Pharma experience a plus and preferred
- Advanced understanding of strategy offerings and strategic concepts
- Proven track record for successfully growing accounts and client relationship development
- Strong experience in both strategic development and execution of all aspects of digital – including large scale website design and development, digital and social campaigns, content creation, experiential, and analytics
- Excellent client management skills for setting and managing client expectations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience supporting the sales process: pitch meetings, estimate, proposal, and contract preparation
- Excellent team building and leadership skills with ability to develop, manage, leverage, and mentor Account Service team members
What We Offer
- As a regular full time employee, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with match, and a cell phone stipend.
- Discretionary time off, as we believe employees should take time when they need it, 12+ holidays per year, summer Fridays, and paid family leave.
- Wellness is important. All employees are automatically enrolled in a subscription to Headspace and can receive a monthly reimbursement of up to $75 to take care of their mind, body and spirit!
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now