The Account Director manages the client at a relationship level and the expertise of the account team. They will act as a strategic leader, partnering closely with internal and external teams to deliver and sell creative thinking and powerful ideas that meet client objectives. They will be accountable for partnering with the Project Management team to ensure projects are profitable. This position may manage junior to mid-level staff and is responsible for all aspects of the employee experience including, hiring and onboarding, training and development, and workflow and performance management.
The ideal candidate is a client relationship connoisseur and is passionate about creating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. They are a driven individual with a “get it done” attitude and a passion to solve complex business problems. Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment and have a passion for motivating and mentoring individuals.Apply Now
What You’ll Do
- Manages and develops relationships with clients and acts as subject matter expert, listening for opportunities for cross selling/up-selling to client.
- Understands client business challenges and long-term project objectives and how that ladders up to the broader business goals.
- Plays a lead role in new business pitches and organic opportunities by identifying a strategic approach to solve client problems.
- Manages multi-channel programs including site development and digital marketing.
- Acts as a strategic leader when working with other partners and agencies to drive digital solutions and campaigns on behalf of clients.
- Manages $2-3M in revenue within 10% over/under of sold margin.
- Communicates financial updates, discrepancies, scope creep, re-allocations and/or team changes to clients.
- Develops statements of work, pricing estimates, change orders (in collaboration with other capabilities) to inform the budget ranges and timing.
- Participates in agency financial processes. Has developed full awareness of their clients’ overall profitability, financial health, potential, and how that ladders back to Genuine financial goals.
- Manages resources to meet financial targets and target margins in a way that demonstrates fiscal responsibilities.
- Owns creation and development of the scope from authoring the initial draft to the final team approved version that is sent to clients.
- May manage junior or mid-level staff including, hiring and onboarding, training and development, resource planning across the team, performance management and career development.
What You’ll Need
- 8 years of applicable account/client service management experience is required.
- Minimum 1 year of management experience required.
- Proven track record for successfully growing accounts and client relationship development.
- Excellent client management skills for setting and managing client expectations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience supporting the sales process: pitch meetings, estimate, proposal, and contract preparation.
- Experience navigating multiple digital marketing functions (i.e. email, eCommerce, social, etc.) to ensure the scalability beyond the site build.
- Has experience and expertise with content management systems ideally Sitecore & Drupal.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
What We Offer
- The right candidate may be located anywhere in the US but must be willing to work east coast hours. We believe in the power of bringing people together so the right candidate must be willing to travel to the office as needed (at least two times a year) and as needed for clients, pitches, or internal meetings. If the right candidate is local, even better! We encourage staff to work in our Boston office 1-2 times per week.
- All regular, full-time employees are eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with match, and a cell phone stipend.
- We believe employees should take time when they need it, so we offer 12+ holidays per year, summer Fridays, paid family leave and discretionary time off
- All employees are automatically enrolled in a subscription to Headspace and can receive a monthly reimbursement of up to $75 to take care of their mind, body and spirit!
Genuine is a digitally focused agency where creatives, strategists, data analysts and technologists “invent together” to create meaningful experiences.
While we come from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.
In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $110,000 - $143,000 annually, depending on relevant factors including experience, internal equity and market considerations. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now