Account Management - Boston MA
The Account Director role at Genuine is critical to building the client’s business, the account relationship and the expertise of our team. That means unwavering commitment to grow our client’s business and solve challenges for them. We are looking for someone who can sell ideas and solutions confidently while keeping things simple, organized and clear – even in the most complex situations – so that we can make great work.
Produce great work
- Become a trust advisor to clients. Partner with them to develop their goals and digital strategies, adding strategic value and ensuring that they get the best results from the agency
- Inspire and lead internal teams to deliver break-thru ideas and solutions that leverage agency offerings and are mutually beneficial for the client and the agency
- Enable and empower clients to become more sophisticated digital operators, marketers and technologists
- Lead team to deliver flawless work on time and on budget
- Ensure work is client-ready by paying astute attention to detail
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all client needs are listened to, understood and responded to in a timely way
- Develop, write and present project proposals, statements of work, schedules and staffing plans
- Constantly deliver clear expectation setting communications to clients across all aspects of project work
Grow the agency
- Grow client revenue and oversee client profitability, resulting in year-over-year growth
- Act as subject matter expert on best practices bringing to bear significant experience and insight daily
- Play a leadership role in developing new business pitches and SOWs in collaboration with the new business team
- Ensure regular team meetings and manage communications between team members, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Model strong presentation skills that encourage participation and effect desired outcomes
- Develop talent of junior team by providing challenging assignments and ongoing constructive feedback
- Fostering an environment of partnership with other capabilities (e.g., Strategy, Creative, Development)
- Accountable for fiscal health of account(s) and overall revenue, and growth
- Partner with the Leadership Team to set goals and plan for future fiscal year(s), and working closely with Delivery Management and Client Finance on forecasting, billing, and reconciling budgets
- 7-10 years of related industry experience; Fortune 1000 experience is a plus
- Proven track record for successfully growing accounts and client relationship development
- Strong experience in both strategic development and execution of all aspects of digital – including large scale website design and development, digital and social campaigns, content creation, experiential and analytics.
- Excellent client management skills for setting and managing client expectations
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Experience supporting the sales process: pitch meetings, estimate, proposal and contract preparation
- Excellent team building and leadership skills with ability to develop, manage, leverage and mentor Account Service team members
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), is designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their 2019 Corporate Equality Index.