Account/Delivery Intern - Chicago 2020
Account Management - Chicago IL
Are you ready to spend the summer at the intersection of technology and storytelling? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team partnering with clients on all things digital? We’re looking for someone who is up for a challenge and ready to spend the summer with us in Chicago as part of our Account Management Team. You will assist the Account Management team in all aspects of account work including but not limited to; day-to-day client support, special assignments, coordinating information with other departments, assisting in preparation for meetings and other client events, and helping activate key projects at the direction of the Account Management Lead. The Account Management Intern will work hand in hand with the account team based out of the Chicago office but may be asked to support Boston or NYC teams as needed.
What you’ll do, what you'll gain
- Assisting the Account Team in all aspects of account management including providing administrative and marketing support for day to day needs.
- Managing aspects of special short-term projects to be identified.
- Working with the Account Team to organize and manage information for the client in conjunction with representatives from other agency capabilities.
- Maintain and support all company standards and perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Aside from the daily work in their designated department, interns are required to attend/participate in the following:
- Professional Training
- Group project (assigned the first week and presented during week 10)
- Lunch-and-Learn Sessions
- Unbillable Hour (Monthly All-Staff mtg)
- Job-Shadowing Opportunities
- College Degree or degree in progress. Great fits: Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Project Management or similar discipline.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and a proactive mentality in any project you complete.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- An active willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment, with a clear and present eagerness to grow and learn more about the business; this includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Basic knowledge of standard applications and platforms such as Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint) and social media background (Facebook & Instagram)
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during Genuine’s regular business hours throughout the 10-week program.
- Any work schedule exceptions due to classes must be requested in writing by the intern and granted by Genuine, in their sole discretion, prior to the start of the Internship Program; interns working less than 35 hours a week will not be accepted into the program.
Who you are
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance.
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat.
- Someone who demonstrates the core values of the company: Honest, Proactive, Team Player, Inclusive, Fun, and exhibits a passion, professionalism and commitment to the role, the agency and the work.
More about The Internship Program
- The Genuine Summer Internship is a full-time, paid opportunity that runs for 10 weeks from June–August (exact dates vary from year to year). You’ll be teamed with a mentor who will guide you from day one as you tackle actual client work, meet our Genuine/Jack Morton teams around the globe through our Summer Speaker series, and collaborate with your fellow interns on a collaborative group project that culminates in your presenting to our senior leadership.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Honesty, Caring, Self-Improvement, Confidence, Fun, Productivity, and Toughness.
- Show an eagerness to grow and learn more about the business.
- This includes asking questions, reading, modeling others, and being open and responsive to feedback/areas of improvement.
- Exhibit professionalism and commitment to role, company and creative product.
Genuine is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), is designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their 2019 Corporate Equality Index.