Technical Architect (Drupal)
Development - Boston, MA
Genuine is a full-service digital marketing agency. We were born in 2005 in Boston, with three people in the room: a strategist, a designer, and a developer. Today, our capabilities have expanded dramatically, but we still see these pillars – creative, strategy, and technology – as the foundation that all our work stands on, and where our motto “invent together” comes from.
At Genuine, we believe digital should make an impact. We are driven every day to make sure our work means something to our clients’ businesses and brands, and to make sure it’s work we can be proud of.
While we have deep expertise in creative, strategy, technology, and beyond, we are united by our core values: Collaboration, Transparency, Courage, and Passion. We expect all our employees to demonstrate these values as part of their commitment to their role, the agency, and the work we do.
We are dedicated, throughout our organization, to making Genuine more diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We are both a workplace and a community who embraces change, committed to creating opportunity and space for every individual we work with to be heard.Apply Now
What is the Role?
The Technical Architect is a client-facing advanced technical expert in Drupal/PHP and will be responsible for technical strategy, solution design and end-to-end delivery. They will contribute to best practices and manage the work of other developers. The Technical Architect guards against and manages risk, as well as ensuring that the solution is secure, scalable, maintainable and performant.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to define requirements
- Review designs and functional requirements for technical feasibility
- Produce estimates, inform timelines and manage against project scope
- Architect, complex web sites and applications
- Lead multiple developers in project execution and support their growth, via mentorship and code review
- Partner with account and develop and maintain project managers to stay aligned on status and manage client expectations
- Identify and lead resolution of technical risks
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Stay up-to-date within the industry and advocate for innovation
- Provide advanced technical consultation to internal and client audiences
- Surface technical areas of opportunity to support new business
- Participate in creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
What You’ll Need
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of demonstrated expertise, including certification, in Drupal 8/9
- Back-end knowledge of Drush, Composer, Configuration Management, Workflows to support flexible, component-based authoring experiences
- 8+ years as a professional developer
- Web Services protocols such as REST and API design for extensibility and portability
- 2+ years of project oversight, including leading and mentoring other developers
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA
- Experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Ability to identify roadblocks, raise risks, and lead technical resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effectively conveying technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to be responsive and perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Agency and/or consulting experience
- Hosting platform experience using Acquia and/or Pantheon
- Experience with Azure, AWS and/or GCP
- Experience working withing Dockerized containers and Docker-compose “plus” like environments, such as Docksal, Lando, DDEV, DrupalVM, or equivalent
- Experience with large Drupal projects, including multi-site using native Drupal, Acquia Site Factory, or Pantheon Upstream
- Experience with Acquia SiteStudio (formerly Cohesion)
- Experience in a specialized area, such as e-commerce, multi-site management, performance, DevOps, etc.
- Experience with security testing and solutions, including SAST/DAST testing, WSTG/OWASP, and Security Automation
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel
- WordPress or other DXP/CMS experience
- Visibly active member of the Drupal community
What We Offer
- As a regular full time, employee you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401K with match, and a cell phone stipend.
- Discretionary time off, we believe employees should take time when they need it, offer 12+ holidays per year, summer Fridays, and paid family leave.
- Wellness is important. All employees are automatically enrolled in a subscription to Headspace and can receive a monthly reimbursement of up to $75 to take care of their mind, body, and spirit!
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.Apply Now